EKUP - parallax
Collaboration with Universities and Research Institutes
The Collaboration Program with Universities and Research Institutions (CURI) was launched in 2013. As a national research library of law, political science and history, the Library of Parliament seeks close ties with colleges and universities teaching related subjects. The direct aim of the initiative is to increase the number of the library’s patrons and indirectly increase the library's reputation in the higher education and research sectors as well as in academia.
On 10th April 2015 a conference was held in the Hunter Hall of the Parliament to which prominent representatives of higher education institutions were invited.
The key elements of the cooperation programme:
- providing reduced registration fee to the library for the students of higher institutions involved in the cooperation,
- staff members of the reference services to provide training on the use of our catalogues and the most important electronic and printed resources available in the library,
- library tutorials offered for groups of students of law, political science and history,
- receiving groups of students in order to introduce them the services, databases and other facilities offered by the library,
- entries and information about the library on the websites of the institutions,
- providing advanced training on research methodology to PhD candidates
Of course, the cooperation can take place in other areas, depending on the individual agreements between the Library and the institutions (eg. receiving trainees, collaboration on digitization projects).
At present we have a collaborative agreement with the following Higher Education Institutions:
- National University of Public Services
- Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Faculty of Law and Public Administration
- Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary, Faculty of Law and Public Administration
- Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Law and Public Administration
- Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Arts, Institute of Library and Information Science
- Budapest University of Jewish Studies
- Milton Friedman University
- Kodolányi János University Institute for Social Well-being
- Social Sciences Research Centre, Institute of Law